The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ is the most advanced OSHA Healthcare Compliance Bloodborne training program on the market today.
Designed to reduce healthcare workers' risk through extensive bloodborne research, it incorporates the latest statistical data on blood & body fluid exposures AND needlestick & sharp-object injuries, demonstrating the importance of installing safer healthcare practices while maintaining OSHA compliance.
Our unique educational approach empowers your healthcare employees to avoid preventable injuries associated with recognizable hazards. For instance, a nurse may install greater precautions if he or she knows what type of device constitutes the highest sharps injury rate, or re-evaluate her approach in using engineering control devices if she understands activation circumstances which directly impact safer needlestick injuries.
This is the essence of our program – we seek to change how your employees perform their tasks to reduce and or eliminate bloodborne injuries within OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standard Laws.
Although our emphasis is clearly on content, we have created a unique delivery platform which creates a visually compelling experience for healthcare employees. Through the utilization of medical graphics and slide animations, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ is designed to engage its audience. This visual component of our program can best be expressed by the following equation:
OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ is designed for healthcare facilities of all sizes. For smaller healthcare facilities, simply administer our system as a self-study program, enabling your employees to learn at their own pace – non-instructor based learning. For larger healthcare facilities, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ can be delivered by an instructor to groups of employees, saving your company time and money.
- Increased employee attention = greater comprehension
- Greater comprehension = fewer work related injuries
- Fewer work related injuries = increased productivity and lower workers' compensation premiums
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ Includes:
- Describe OSHA's mandatory regulations and methods of compliance in the area of Bloodborne Pathogens Standards.
- Delineate healthcare workers' responsibilities to comply with OSHA's mandated Bloodborne Pathogens Standards.
- Describe in detail how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted in healthcare settings.
- Define bloodborne pathogens such as HBV, HCV and HIV and describe their respective symptoms.
- Explain the Hepatitis B Vaccination series & Post-vaccination Titer.
- Describe in detail OSHA's methods of compliance regarding Hepatitis B Vaccinations and Post-exposure Evaluation & Follow-up.
- Manage the risks associated with physicians with bloodborne viral infections engaged in exposure prone procedures.
- Historically describe the disease burden from Hepatitis B in the United States.
- Cite the risk of contracting HBV, HCV & HIV from percutaneous injuries (by %).
- Define the concepts of: Occupational Exposure, Universal Precautions, Work Practice Controls, and Engineering Controls.
- Explain the importance of the "General Duty Clause."
- Describe why the "Needlestick Safety & Prevention Act" was signed into law.
- Identify percutaneous injury rates for hollow-bore needles before & after passage of the Needlestick Safety & Prevention Act.
- Explain how smaller healthcare facilities are impacted by OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standards.
- Enumerate 10 tips for minimizing OSHA violations in small healthcare facilities.
- Identify 5 types of Engineering Controlled Medical Devices.
- Define at least 9 "Other Potentially Infectious Materials" (OPIM).
- Classify blood and body fluid exposures by healthcare job classifications (by %).
- Specifically identify the physical locations within healthcare settings where blood and body fluid exposures occur (by %).
- Identify which blood and body fluids are involved in exposures (by %).
- Determine if body fluids, other than blood, are visibly contaminated with blood (by %).
- Describe which body parts were involved during blood and body fluid exposures (by %).
- Cite the latest CDC sharps injury facts among hospital-based healthcare personnel.
- Identify six medical devices which account for nearly 80% of all sharps injuries.
- Define the costs associated with sharps injuries.
- Classify needlestick & sharp-object injuries by healthcare job classifications (by %).
- Specifically identify the physical locations within healthcare settings where needlestick & sharp-object injuries occur (by %).
- Describe the risk of sharp device-related blood and body fluid exposure in Operating Rooms (by %).
- Outline key elements of prevention programs designed to mitigate the risks associated with sharp device-related blood and body fluid exposure in Operating Rooms.
- Determine when injuries occurred while using needlestick & sharp-objects (by %).
- Identify sharps injuries among hospital workers by purpose or procedure for which the device was used (by %).
- Define the circumstances of safety device-related hollow-bore needlestick injuries (by %).
- Classify the types of devices which constitute sharps injuries among hospital workers (by %).
- Determine whether proportional needlestick injuries are on the rise or decline due to safer needle devices and why.
- Describe the preventability of hollow-bore needlestick injuries and behavioral changes which can reduce future needlestick injuries (by %).
- Delineate human factors that have been found to contribute to preventable sharps injuries.
- Specify key initiatives linked to the future of safer injections.
- Cite hospital locations with the highest Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection Rates.
- Describe what constitutes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and its appropriate use.
- Explain the "do's & don'ts" of managing contaminated PPE.
- Describe OSHA's Respiratory Protection Program and fit testing requirement of the NIOSH approved N95 mask.
- Describe the importance of Hazard Communication labeling and delineate the Hazard Rating Chart.
- Explain OSHA's definition of "Regulated Waste."
- Describe methods for handling regulated waste in healthcare settings.
- (60+ Slides ) PowerPoint™ CD disk containing the latest OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Compliance Regulations & blood & body fluid exposures AND needlestick & sharp-object injuries statistical data
- OSHA Compliance Instructor Training Notes
- Instructor Reference Material
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ Objectives
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ Quiz
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Ultra™ Quiz Answer Sheet
- Training Certificate (PDF format to print multiple copies)
- Employee Training Acknowledgement Form
- Instructor Evaluation Form
- Supplemental Hand-Out Material
|About The Provider:
||OSHA Optics, LLC is the Nation’s 1st and only OSHA bloodborne training company reducing healthcare workers’ risk through extensive bloodborne research!
We have a passion to reduce healthcare workers’ risk through our research and firmly believe the best means to accomplish this goal is to educate your employees on the facts linked to reported injuries. By connecting our research to OSHA’s regulations we compound the effect of safety awareness, enabling your employees to modify how they perform their tasks, creating safer work environments.
Our research is based upon OSHA Optics, LLC’s co-founder who currently serves as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner with over 30 years of ARNP experience and is highly skilled in occupational safety within healthcare settings. She has pioneered, integrated and modified employee safety programs which have profoundly decreased injury rates, increased productivity and significantly reduced costs associated with preventable injuries. Her clinical diagnostic skills coupled with this experience grants us the luxury of presenting a revolutionary platform to deliver OSHA bloodborne compliance training.
OSHA Optics, LLC stands alone when compared to others in healthcare compliance. The vast majority of companies offering bloodborne training also offer OSHA training material for many industries outside healthcare. In other words, they can best be described as “generalists” in the compliance arena. This fact further separates us from “the pack.” With a singular focus in healthcare, OSHA Optics, LLC dedicates all its resources and intimate knowledge to better understand and educate employees on the nuances associated with healthcare related injuries.
Our personal relationships within OSHA and at the university level further increases our degree of separation in the marketplace. Through these alliances we bring the “pulse of bloodborne hazard avoidance” to your healthcare facilities’ floor, enacting real change.
All of our products include the latest OSHA regulations, most recent bloodborne data from the best medical surveillance systems around the world, and a delivery platform creating the most visual impact.
OSHA Optics, LLC delivers healthcare regulations uncomplicated and easily understood. Regardless of job title or level of responsibility, OSHA Optics, LLC’s training programs are based on universal application where each employee is subject to information which immediately increases their level of hazard awareness and enables them to install safer work practices.
As the leader in OSHA bloodborne compliant PowerPoint™ training, OSHA Optics, LLC will continue to leverage its relationships within the occupational health community to serve our on-going effort to provide expert OSHA compliance guidance.
||Contact Us For More Information
Keywords For This Course:
Bloodborne,Bloodborn,Blood Borne,Blood Born,Bloodborne Pathogens,Blood Borne Pathogens,Bloodborn Pathogens,Blood Born Pathogens, Bloodborne Training,Blood Borne Training,Bloodborn Training, Blood Born Training,OSHA Bloodborne,OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens,OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Powerpoint,OSHA Bloodborne Powerpoint,OSHA Bloodborne Training,OSHA Medical,Pathogen,Pathogens,Pathogens Training,Bloodborne Pathogens PowerPoint,Bloodborne Pathogens PPT